Help removing two large wheels in skid

xsivhp

Help me out here guys - how does a guy get the two big wheels off the top of the skid to replace the bearings? (The skid is already out if that helps.)

THANKS GUYS!!

i think there just pressed on but not to hard i think if u hit the shaft with a rubber malet into the skid and they should just pop off. but then again ive never taken them off just watched my bro and i think thats what he did

That's a good thought, maybe I'll try that. Thanks!

Anybdy else know or have ideas??

Another guy told me I needed a split collar puller to get them off, that sounded expensive .....

remove the snap ring and tap the wheel off the bearing, then use a puller to remove the bearing, dont drive them off with a hammer unless you have spare bushings cause they can break.

screw a sacraficial bolt in the mounting hole, hit it as hard as you want if it's a tough one..............you just need to knock one off and pull the shaft through the other side. When you put it back together, use the steel cup and a bolt to press the wheel back on...........

800's way works the best. Just make sure the bolt is bootomed out against the shaft, or you will screw up the threads. Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
800's way works the best. Just make sure the bolt is bootomed out against the shaft, or you will screw up the threads. Maxdlx

Definately make sure it is bottomed, as Paul said. My buddy trashed his shaft doing this on his '98 srx without it bottomed out.

yes make sure the bolt is bottomed out or it will cost you about $100.00 for a new shaft.....and dont ask how I know that :o|

Back