1982 SRX 500 On Ebay

82SRX500

Website
www.toizrit.com
Guys, thought I might let you all know that there is an 82 SRX 500 on Ebay right now. I personally restored the sled and sold it to the seller a year ago. The sled is emaculate and fully restored to running conditon. If you have ever wanted to own the most elusive and rare SRX every made don't miss this one. The seller is correct, there are only about 9-10 of these sleds confirmed in existance. Three are in Europe, I own four and there a couple others out there that I have confirmed in the US.

Unless I sell one, I highly doubt there will be a chance to own this sled anytime soon.

Thought I would give everyone a heads up!

Here are some pictures. I have four of the 82 SRX500's in my collection. I sold the one on Ebay last year to the guy selling it. I included a picture of what the sled looked like prior to restoration. I also included several other pictures of some of my 82's.

Enjoy. They were tuned to be like a 77 SRX. Unbelievably fast.

Attachments

• 1982 SRX 500 1.jpg
    1982 SRX 500 1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 82spokane4.jpg
    82spokane4.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 12
  • finished 1.jpg
    finished 1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 19
  • withoutbellypan.jpg
    withoutbellypan.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19
  • 82 assembly.jpg
    82 assembly.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 20
The one on ebay is over $10,000. What are these sleds worth? John, you definately are a very lucky guy to have the time and money to restore these special sleds, not to mention you must have been lucky in finding these sleds. Around what year did you start finding/collecting them?

ejcamaro said:
The one on ebay is over $10,000. What are these sleds worth? John, you definately are a very lucky guy to have the time and money to restore these special sleds, not to mention you must have been lucky in finding these sleds. Around what year did you start finding/collecting them?

Ejcamaro, value on these is really hard to predict. They are much rarer than an SSR, but everyone knows about SSR's. The history on the 82's is very complicated, so many people have confusion about them being the 81 SRX 440's that were recalled. The 82's were produced, but never sold period. Depending on the the collector level and interest in Yamaha, the value on the 82 SRX's should be around $10 to $17,000 in my opinion based on the value of similarily rare sleds. (This is for a sled that is all factory correct with "numbers matching tunnel, engine, carbs, pipes, seat, fully restored in perfect running condtion) The sled on eBay is all factory correct, but the serial number on the engine is not a numerical match to the tunnel. To find numbers matching 82's is extremely hard based on so many having had the motors removed. (long story) and 540's installed. Two 82's that I have confirmed in the US by me have had the tunnel VIN's cut out by Yamaha which lowers the value substantially. Some people have paid over $20K for King Kats and other popular race sleds that were made in the 100's.

To answer your question on long I have been at this. About three years! I did some freelance writing for Snowmobile Magazine with a story about a 17 year quest to find the 82 SRX 500. This article by me brought in alot of leads. My 82's in my collection came from Taos, New Mexico, Washington State, Bethel, Alaska, and Oregon. The one on Ebay I figure originally was a test sled or racing sled for Yamaha and it came out of Minnasota when I got it prior to restoration.

Back