Shock Rebuild?

bulldiesel

Anyone know if the suspension shocks on a 99 VMAX SX 500 are rebuildable?

They have been fine to date but I am sure they could use a service if possible.Just don't want to pull the skid just to find out they cannot be serviced.

Any thoughts?

I am not sure which shocks you have but, you can contact Bruce at B-Line Control and he can tell you. He is a former Yamaha sno-cross shock tech and really knows his stuff (651) 257-0828.
If you can't get them rebuilt I have a complete set of shocks/springs off my '99 SX600 that were rebuilt approximately 300 miles ago. I long traveled my sled with a set of Viper shocks and don't need the stock shocks anymore. I will sell the entire set for $80 + ship/hanlding.
Mills

Last edited:
Yes they are rebuildable and if they have never been done it is definately over due.

Thanks guys for the quick replies...Mills will let ya know but probably won't need yours if mine are rebuildable but will keep them in mind.

I can tell you right now, that it will be cheaper to buy Mills, than get yours redone. Then you will have a spare too if ever needed. Bruce will however rebuild them to your weight and ridding style, and they will be right on. He did my Adj rear ohlins, and had then dead nuts when I got them. Didn't have to turn a single knob. Maxdlx

Seeing that your in Toronto, you could contact Bill Burr (519) 751-0670.
He is Brantford Ontario. He to use to work for the Yamaha snow-cross/moto-cross suspention team; he will valve them to your weight and riding style.

Let me know and I can give you his full address. I usually mail the shocks out to Bill; it's around $12.00 each way.
PM me maybe we can hook up this winter

Last edited:

Back