600 clutch noise

allyammies

Started up the 600 today and heard a constant ticking in the clutch.Would it be the weights or the pins or both? Thanks Jason

you probably heard the weights and rollers clicking as they are vibrating and shaking around. Do a good check of all the components, rollers, weights, pins, cover and sheave bushings, and springs to verify the condtion of everything. Also the time of year for a good run through of all these components anway, as well as a good cleaning.

Mine does also from what I have read it is not a big deal! it is called something I just cannot remember right now these guys know! If excess slapping can be a problem thoe!
VmaxSx600 said:
I have the same noise in my engine it sounds like something is rattleing

when i was pulling my 700 over today something was making a noice in the clutch that ive never heard before. thought this was weird because i completely went over the clutches. maybe its bcause i cleaned them so well?

when you are just pulling the sleds over or grabbing the clutch by hand and turning them back and forth, the weights will move hitting against the rollers making a clicking noise. Not too big of a deal. Just make sure all of the bushings are tight, that there isn't much if any sideplay in the rollers or weights, and that the cover and sheave bushings don't bind. In the secondary, the big things are the helix bushing and the buttons.

Back