handlebar riser

yes you have to get a little creative with the routing in some cases but the cables should all reach with a two inch, that is the max though with stock cables.

thanks. We can always count on Yamahaulic for a quick response.
Now I have another mod to add to my list of things to do before it snows

better watch on the spelling, there is a guy on here with the name Yamahaulic i think, mine is Yamaholic, lol

i have a 2" riser on my 700sx and didnt need to do any rerouting, any more than that and might have to get creative

Any taller than 2" you need to route the cables between the air box and the course air filter that installs on top of the air box. You need to straighten out the curve in the tubing at the carb end of the throttle cable so the cable leaves the carbs and goes straight up to the air box.

I just installed a 2" riser on my 04 viper and my oil pump cable was really tight and was getting pulled apart when i turned the bars sharply,so i took it off.

I have a 3" Riser on my 97 Mountain Max with no modifications to the cables (That I'm aware of anyway.) I bought the sled from someone else, and installed the riser from what I assumed was stock.

in the tech section there is a page on how to install up to a total of 3.25" of rise with stock cables ;)!

Last edited:
I added a 1 inch riser to my SXR and the first time I rode it the oil light came on at 125 miles. I can usually go about 250 before it comes on. I found the cable to the oil pump pulled apart some. I would imagine a 2 inch riser would be somewhat tighter and might be a problem, at least on my sled it would be. I used aluminum duct tape to keep the cable together tight and it has worked great for the last 9 thousand miles or so. 18,554 miles on my SXR now.

I have a 2" riser on my 98 700sx and no rerouting, I love the extention.

200510298203_3276.jpg

daytripper said:
I added a 1 inch riser to my SXR and the first time I rode it the oil light came on at 125 miles. I can usually go about 250 before it comes on. I found the cable to the oil pump pulled apart some. I would imagine a 2 inch riser would be somewhat tighter and might be a problem, at least on my sled it would be. I used aluminum duct tape to keep the cable together tight and it has worked great for the last 9 thousand miles or so. 18,554 miles on my SXR now.

18,000 miles.... wow shes gettin up there eh?! good for another 5,000- 10,000? gotta love yammy tripples ;)!

Back