Electric Visor wiring info needed.

Exciterfan

Would appreciate any info on wiring up an electric visor copnnection on my 2001 SXR 600. I was hoping to perform the wiring under the handlebar pad if possible, and would love to know where I should make the connections (e.g. which wires).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

ExciterFan

blue ( could be purple I am color blind) wire off brake light switch on handle bar.strip wire and solder it in

its blue/purple

On my 2000 Sx600r, I used the blueish (maybe purple) wire under my bar pad for the positive side and the bar clamp as a ground. Just as a note, if you're using your meter to find the voltage, mine was "AC", NOT dc voltage. Drove me crazy trying to find 12 volts dc, the meter would just freak out. As soon as I put the setting on AC, I found 13.9 AC volts immediatley

You are not the first to be fooled by the AC/DC thing!!

Appreciate the input. I'll be looking for the blue (purple) brake light lead and I'll probably bridge onto one of the grounds already in the handlebar (like the kill switchlead).

This is the last thing I have to do and then I'm ready!!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

use the blue wire and ground it to the ground for the hot grips. There is no frame ground at the bars. Stillens visor must be grounding through the steering linkage because the steering post is isolated by the nylon bushings around the steering post....

Back