Oil pump adjustment help

kysledneck

Oil pump adjustment help! No one has done this? HELP!

I finaly bought the original manual 1997 Sx 600, It shows there is an adjustment for the oil pump, there is a line that should line up w/ wide open throttle I have no more adj left! at Idle there is a line I got that one to match seems to smoke less! 1st pic is idle 2nd wide open it goes past the specified line!

Attachments

• IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3135.JPG
    IMG_3135.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

how much oil does it use when you are riding? If it doesn't use too much don't worry about it. Shoot for around 100-125 miles to a quart in normal trail riding conditions.

First Thanks for responding I was suprised noone knew this one! 2nd I have not ridden it much only 50 miles after I bought it last year! I just do not understand what to do I am out of adjustment & it is not like a bicycle brake where you just loosen up a nut & pull the cable down & re tighten! But man it realy smokes I know it is warm but man oh man!
yamaholic22 said:
how much oil does it use when you are riding? If it doesn't use too much don't worry about it. Shoot for around 100-125 miles to a quart in normal trail riding conditions.

line up the marks at wot, no more than that mabie even little less

there is two rubber sleaves on the cable you have to pull them apart to adj. the cable wish i had a picks for ya

Last edited:
I will go check that! Thanks!
daman said:
line up the marks at wot, no more than that mabie even little less

there is two rubber sleaves on the cable you have to pull them apart to adj. the cable wish i had a picks for ya

Back