going through my 700SX

Thanks,The mater has been a good sled to me.i have owned my share of yamaha's and this one is by far my favorite so far.

Holly crapoly I spent over 900 bucks....

pistons, rings, piston pins, rod bearings, circlips, head gaskets, base gasket, new stock reeds and stopers, 451 bucks.

80 bucks in bearings for the rear suspention.

HD rear suspension rebuild kit - 85 bucks

front bushing kit - 27 bucks

all four shocks rebuilt - freebee - Made a deal - redone same as Maxx

new oil pump - 156 bucks

two belts, new carbides, fuel filter

etc, etc, etc.............

little over 950 bucks... not sure if that was the smart move or not but its new now and ready for another 7000 miles.

Anyone want a nice 97 700SX for $3300

Tod

Thanks Bruce & CB performance - you know who you are that did my shocks, thanks - bushing kits from Maxximum -

Attachments

• toys.JPG
    toys.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 14
I really do not think anyone will pay 3300 for a 97sx. So i guess to answer your question........ I was just kinda joking but if someone really wanted to do the 3300 I would have to consider it.

I guess if you think about it a 97 700SX with pipes should be worth 1800 - 2000 and I put about 1000 in it - that is as soon as I get my new belt and fuel filter and 8" carbides. so really its not that bad as you may put this much in one if you wanted to go through it as well as I did this one..............

Tod

i have PSI pipes and clutching from Turk using 8BF weights. I have had good luck with them as I do have over 4000 miles on the pipes. If lyou look back at some of my other pics you will see my old pistons and looks like my jetting is pretty close. (PSI specs)

On the other hand I have never bought a set of pipes from PSI that fit. I have bought pipes for my 94 600Vmax and for this 700SX. Non of them fit I did send the first set for the SX back and the second set did not fit either so I am batting 100% on cuting and making them fit right.

Tod

Back