Tach problems

yamahasledracer700

i have a 2000 v-max venture 500 with a couple problems that i can not figure out. it runs great, but the tach doesnt work untill you get the R's above 3500. sometimes it works above 3500 and sometimes it doesnt work at all. the weird thing is the fuel gauge works and the oil light flickers when ever it wants. i took a tach out of one of my other sleds and it doesn't work. i was wondering what it could be, i do know the sled sat outside for a couple of years.

If you put a triple tach the same style but from a sled with dual head lights it won't work. The tach in your 500 works off the headlight circuit so if your lights are working it should be working, providing you don't have a wiring problem right behind it. There's a slim chance it could be the rectifier but most likely its the tach.

its the same style but the tach was out of a 2000 sx-R without the dual head light should it still work?? yup the lights work fine including the low and high beams.

well fixed the problem i ;)! f anyone wants to know... turns out you must have the battery in the sled for the tach to work. wow its great how sometimes little, stupid things can make the best of us go insane. :o|

Back