Need Nut size??

Revster

Hey guys I need the size of the nut that holds the rear axle together. Mine fell off last year, I've bought a few and none have fit. Does anyone know what size I need??

Thanks ;)!

I changed out my rear axle I cannot remember the size but I did drill it & ran a cotter pin so it did not come off !

kysledneck said:
I changed out my rear axle I cannot remember the size but I did drill it & ran a cotter pin so it did not come off !

Believe it or not mine did have a cotter. I lost the cotter, the nut and the wheel, but the spacer stayed on.

By the way the sled is a 97 Vmax SX 700

Thanks guys.

Most Likely Not A 19mm Nut, Thats The Wrench Size Used To Take It Off, (if Its Like An Srx ) The Threaded Shaft Is Not A 19 Mm , Its Smaller Cause The Wrench Needed To Take Off The Nut Is A 19mm.

***for Example A 1/4 Inch Bolt Needs A 7/16 Wrench.5/16 Needs A 1/2 Wrench ***

From What I Can See Its A 14mm * 1.5 (used My Wrench As To Gauge The Thread Shaft Diameter) And The 1.5 Is The Thread Pitch Using My Thread Gauge With My Tap Set. I Hope This Helps. Hopefully Its Right. Got A Fastenal Store Around There , There Always Good At That Stuff.

If I remember correctly, the 1.5 pitch in the 14mm variety is not a standard pitch for the metric stuff. Kinda like 1.0 would be coarse, 2.0 would be fine. The 1.5 would be like a Medium?!?! The only reason I say this is because I tried making a shaft for a buddy and had issues with the thread pitches on both ends. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that you may not find one in the normal places. I could be talking out my rear end as well, who knows.

;)!

just get one at a dealer. yamaha prices are actually pretty reasonable, at least compared to polaris parts that is! here is the part # 95607-14200-00 it lists for under $5.

BLUE LIGHTNING said:
Most Likely Not A 19mm Nut, Thats The Wrench Size Used To Take It Off, (if Its Like An Srx ) The Threaded Shaft Is Not A 19 Mm , Its Smaller Cause The Wrench Needed To Take Off The Nut Is A 19mm.

***for Example A 1/4 Inch Bolt Needs A 7/16 Wrench.5/16 Needs A 1/2 Wrench ***

From What I Can See Its A 14mm * 1.5 (used My Wrench As To Gauge The Thread Shaft Diameter) And The 1.5 Is The Thread Pitch Using My Thread Gauge With My Tap Set. I Hope This Helps. Hopefully Its Right. Got A Fastenal Store Around There , There Always Good At That Stuff.

I know that..... i juess i was thinking at the time he needed the wrench size.

Back