How old is "vintage"

phazer35

I've got an '84 Phazer that I ride all the time. Would that be considered vintage? (not that it really matters) 21 years old and still runs like a champ. It's been so good to me that Ive convinced the family to buy two more. Dirt cheap, reliable, and when long-tracked they're great in the powder. "Vintage" all the way!

Id say that anything pre-'80 would be considered vintage.
If you dont have leaf springs on the front, I wouldnt call it vintage.
Here in Wisconsin they have vintage rides and vintage sled racing and I believe that the cut-off for those is like '72 (its early to mid '70s).

Vintage according to Lightspeed (CPU microfiche) puts a 96 as vintage, but in MI a vehicle needs to be 20 yrs old for a vintage plate.

20 years, but race & collector clubs often exclude sleds that don't have monoleaf front suspension. For practical purposes, though, your Phazer would qualify.

20 years sounds reasonable for Vintage ? 20 years is a long time in snowmobile development. We're talking snowmobiles not Furniture. Antique is more like 30+ Heck, in the year 2084 would they not consider the 84 phazer antique because it has the T.S.S. ?

So old you can't remember if you ever sat on one, but not older than you..........

Back