94' Vmax 500 Clutch Issue

Toad

I have a 94' Vmax 500 with a broken spider. I've salvaged a primary clutch from a 97' sx. If I change out the weight comp, rollers, sliders, spring, ect. on the 97' primary and use 94' parts will it work. Any Ideas ?

yes it will work. Take the best parts from both clutches and make a new one. We can work on calibration later. Some good clutching and that 500 will impress you.

use the spider assy, it will fit fine, the 97 spider has bigger roller pins, so you'll have to use the same OD roller as your 94' but 97 and up part numbers, use your 94 spring and weights, if it was from a 97 triple the rollers will be too small.........

Thanks for the good info, are there anyways to seperate the spider from the primary sheave without Clutch-Spider Seperater tool?

Did your 500 clutch have them long white plastic slider shoes in the primary? if it does, replace with the small black ones for better shifting...

I am quite sure you will need a grunt tool to get it apart.

It has the small black sliders, thx for the reply MARS. After Thanksgiving I will it a go...I'll post my results / more questions...Thx

Back