SXR700 Studs

RottenDawg

I'm new to snowmobiling, got a 2001 sxr700, ive been told to put 96 studs up middle only for better acceleration, braking, but still have the fun sliding the corners. Wondering if ive been told correctly

yes any more u wont be able to slide in the corners i have 144 and teh only way i can slide is if i lean alot and goose the throtle to greal get teh tack spinging but it barely ever works

I have a 600 SX. I put 96 studs down the center and could still slide the back end through corners although it took a little more effort. I have also had sleds with 144 studs but, with that many studs you have to place them on the outside belts of the track in which case you really can’t slide the back end without some assistance from the throttle to get the track spinning.

I would recommend the studs in the middle, you will be amazed at the added breaking and control. I would recommend going with 8” Woody’s Executive carbides also.

you can put 144 in the middle without a problem with double backers (which also greatly help against rip outs), but yes less studs will slide easier (even though i hate sliding, and it tears up the trails)

On my SRX I put a 192 3/8" longer than the track, as close to the slides, inside & outside of the slides, V-ing out every three bars. With 8" of carbides on the ski. On the trailes it doesn't slide corners but it turns, stops, & accelerates on a dime & will make change. Add a 1/4" plate to the heat exchange protectors.
Nobody, NOBODY, ever beat me out of the hole with my clucth & gear package on ice. I digges 4 1" wide ruts for 12' & then it's hooked, & gone. People who road it said they couldn't beleive you could make a sled handle & stick to the ground like it did.

Back