75' GPX 433 Fuel/Oil Ratio??

robosnow

Well to make a long story short I blew out my primary clutch and cannot find another, so I need to install an aftermarket comet. I will be forced to run pre-mix for the original primary clutch had a gear on the back side that turned the gear for the oil pump. This is a 75' GPX 433 free air, does anyone know what the fuel/oil ratio would be?

Or if anyone has a primary clutch for this or a place I can call please let me know. I appreciate the help.

Thanks!!

wont this comet clutch run the pump?
208301A 102C CLUTCH - 30MM 1:10 tapered bore: limited application. This clutch is ONLY for those Yamaha models built from about 1974 to the present which require a gear attached to the back side of clutch for driving oil injection system. Included among the models this clutch fits are some "GP" Series models, most Exciters, etc. This COMET clutch DOES NOT interchange with nor fit all Yamaha "geared" models. Calibration: F-2 Cam Arms #211333A and Silver Spring #204818A

sweet....who's selling this model..dennis kirk or someone else? My local dealer did not want to deal with this....only intrested in NEW sleds.

My local yami dealer is the same way. its really a shame - hell, back in the late 80's he and i used to race hare scrambles together.
the description i posed was taken directly off the comet web site.

why dont you just run premix its more reliable. and dont tell me its a hassle to mix the oil and fuel your already riding a piece of vintage iron si i would assume you could bear it.

I agree. Trail riding - 20:1. Drag racing - 40:1 if it is a mod. Maybe 30:1 stock. The free airs get very hot and change clearances a lot. If it was an SRX, 50-60:1 is no problem if modded and using Yamalube R.

Are you still using the stock carbs on your sled?
i run mine at 20-1 with stock carbs and the oil pump removed.

Back