SRX front longtravel'd

ReaperSRX

SRX front longtravel'd & widen

This is where i am at right now, Viper front shocks, modified with spacer and nylon washers, widen with Vmax and Sxr radius and steering rods, sway bar spacer (not on yet)..............

Attachments

• nov 2005 005.jpg
    nov 2005 005.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 36
  • nov 2005 009.jpg
    nov 2005 009.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
  • nov 2005 012.jpg
    nov 2005 012.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 32
  • nov 2005 015.jpg
    nov 2005 015.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

if your gonna do that, if i were you i'd go with longer rods or unequal length rods (bottom one slightly longer) to accomodate for your toe-in prob you have right now. should look good when done!!!

wow that is WAY TOO high, that thing is going to corner like a coachbus. If i were you i would definately find a way to raise those upper mounts to lower that down some.

sxviper32 said:
if your gonna do that, if i were you i'd go with longer rods or unequal length rods (bottom one slightly longer) to accomodate for your toe-in prob you have right now. should look good when done!!!

that'd be camber pal

Hey guys, i haven't yet hooked up the steering rods or sway bar yet, it just hanging there, it will come way down from the current pic when i put skis on and drop on the floor will be working on it tonight will get more pics up then, need to hurry up they are calling for snow storm tonight...........James

Last edited:
Here's more pics of final mock up, will need to set up camber and ski alignment....i think the sway bar spacers are ok, but will need to run it and see, testing should be fun............James

Attachments

• nov 2005 020.jpg
    nov 2005 020.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 26
  • nov 2005 024.jpg
    nov 2005 024.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 30
  • nov 2005 021.jpg
    nov 2005 021.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 48
Here's one more.....i have tons of adj with the springs for clearance, i just just kinda used the shocks as i got them, but i can bring it down quite a bit, this should be good when switching from trail riding to boondocking........James

Attachments

• nov 2005 023.jpg
    nov 2005 023.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 32
I think your theory of a snow storm was right!! actually we're getting it right now i'm goin out on the field today to try out the pipes and clutching in the new foot of snow :rockon: :eek:

Looks good.

I am with yamahalic, looks to tight. wont get much out the vipers if they arent in the right (angle!).

Might just ride like stock if they are to tight (up and down- tightens them up!)
My opinion.

ust set your sag for 30% and ride it, it will probablly roll more, but nothing a stiffer swaybar couldn't fix. Maxdlx

Don't forget it's now 2" wider with the Sxr radius rods, this should help out with the sled being tippy and when i look at my buddy's Viper shocks are about the same angle, but it will be one of those "wait and see" kinda things, test and adj............ the rear is also modified to 136 with longtravel shocks ......James

i would look at shorting up those sway bar links if the sled sets higher it raises the sway bar closer to the mount on the trailing arm,they are not at 90 deg anymore.like you say you have to try it.

The issue that i think i will need to attend to is the fact at full drop out, the steering rods bind a little on the bottom of the opening for the steering, there is a 1/2" lip that may have to be grinded down.............James

I am definately one to custom..just check out my posts. I am always custom building something. So I say, Keep up the work and dont get fustrated if it doesnt work, just keep messing! ;)!

Thanks for the support, when the front of sled is on the jack it take a little effort to turn, you can feel the paint scraping off the steering rods, but i think for now will try it, i am not planning to snow-cross or do high flying stunts :evil: it so i should be ok as is, but will still grind down the lip to give a little more clearance......James

thats wat i found as well and was going to put spacers under the tie rods to keep them higher so they would not scrape,but found with shorter sway bar links it was not nessesary because they hold the trailing arm from dropping when in the air thus stopping the scape.

Back