Coolant fill question (700SX)

Tod

VIP Member
I'm refilling my coolant in my 700SX motor after the rebuild. I measured what I took out and have put all that back in. I did not have to take the seat off or bleed the system at all to get all of what I took out back in.

Now finally to my question.

I can still put more in the filler cap, but I have put in what I took out. Should I keep filling or run it first to see where it ends up in the reserve tank.

My reserve tank is at the full mark and I have no idea how much more I could put in the filler cap.

I would put some in and then tip the sled on each side and lift the front and rear as far as I can bymyself to work the coolant around the system.

PS HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Tod

You can still crack the rear blead screw with the seat on. I would do that and let some coolant weap out. If your coolant system is sealed correctly when you run it in the garage get it real hot you coolant res will fill a little and when it cools it will suck more into the sled. That is a good test to see if you sealed it up good. doug

Ya a tip I got from my dad (automotive mechanic) was to bring it up to operating temperature, bring it in, let it idle and take off the reservoir cap.

my manual states this 60/40 AF and distilled water
run the enine at 2500 rpms so coolant circulates through the cooling system,if the coolant level drops ,add coolant to maintain correct level in the filler neck.when coolant stabilizes,stop engine install radiator cap.fill the resrvoir tank to the full mark.

hope this helps...

Back