71, 75 and 76 Yamaha

ss433

1971 ss433 fully restored.

1975 GPX 433 90% restored - Looking for NOS or a very good front and rear bumper. Airbox and some ski shocks

1976 SRX 340 Only thing I've done so far is recreate some of the decals and paint the hood (seat has also been recoverd) Machine runs strong with mod pipes. Looking for a spare set of pistons and rings and will need a belly pan and tunnel as well as some 76 skis and a rear bumber.

If you have any parts for sale, please email realtimerodney@sympatico.ca

Thanks

Attachments

• 71-75-76 yamahas.jpg
    71-75-76 yamahas.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 41

Rodney

That picture gets me all nostalgic.
My Dad started my on a 70/71 SL 292 when I was 5. He got tired of taking me for rides so took me outside, started it up and it went on from there.

A couple years later he upgraded to a GP 338 and 433. They were great machines. I loved that 338.

Then the new "free-air" GPX 433. (We still had the two GP's) What a machine in its day. I still remember the incredible harmonic sound of that motor. Finally the gas tank got moved to the front and it had some much needed ski width. I recall being very impressed that there were two throttle cables. By then I was about 10. I remember the machine being a little difficult for me to ride. It was kind of like riding a wild animal.

Next, the '76 SRX 440. What a machine. When you put a 50 lb kid on that thing that only knows two speeds.... yikes. Good times. Thanks for the memories. I think im going to save that picture as a desktop for awhile.

Cheers

Back