carbides are sticking on my drive on ramp

Fasterblaster

So I finally get off my wallet and buy a brand new Yacht Club galv drive on/drive off.

No more dragging the sleds off the trailer for me.... except the carbides are catching on the metal cross bars on the ramps up... and probably down... we don't know that part for sure just yet.

I guess I could mount some of that plastic truck bed liner on the ramps; but I wasn't thinking i was going to go out spend more on my brand new trailer.

Or put ski skins under the skis before driving on and off;

Ideas??????

Buy a ski guide kit....This will solve that problem for sure. Same thing happend to me years ago when I bought my first trailer. :WayCool:

Any new pair of Carbides I get, I will take them to a green wheel and just take off the sharp edge on the front of the carbide. It helps alot with them catching on everything.

just go to the local wreakin yard for a boxliner to cut up. prob sell for cheap since everyone is moving to sprayed in liners.

don't go out and by any type of specialized ski ramps,tracks, etc.
Buy your self a 4'x8'x1/8" sheet of polypropylene or UHMW and cut it like a piece of plywood to make runners for your trailer. A sheet of this material should run you about $25-30 vs. the mega bucks you have to pay for a ski runner kit.
Call International Plastics @ (952) 934-2303 and ask for Steve.
Mills

I love those ideas that save money and make a good project out of something simple. Then screw it all up and take all that stuff to the dump and then drive over to the sled shop and just buy the expensive kit after hours of screwing around. It happens everytime.

Gotta run. I'm off to the wrecking yard.

thanks guys

Back