Brake Light But No Tail Light?

YAMAHIZAL700

Hey Guys Was Wondering Where The Most Common Place To Look Would Be On My 99 Srx 700. First Off Last Year On My Final Ride Had Trouble Getting My Sled To Peak Over 90mph Across The Lake. It Acted Strange. When I Loaded Back Onto The Trailer I Noticed Smoke Coming Out Of The Cowling Vents. When I Looked Inside I Found The Wires That Run Up The Odometer And Speedo Were Sitting On The Exhaust Melting Away. I Cut Away All The Bad Wire And Recrimped And Figured That That Was All The Problem Was But Now After Fixing Everthing I Still Have No Tailight(running Light) I Do Have A Brake Light So I Know Some Power Is Back There. If Anyone Could Ad Some Insight To Where I Should Look It Would Be Greatly Appr.

usualy when u dont ahve a tail light and the break light still works u have a burnt out bulb. theres two filiments in it and one usaly burns out befor the other try replacing it there only a few bucks.

terret725 said:
usualy when u dont ahve a tail light and the break light still works u have a burnt out bulb. theres two filiments in it and one usaly burns out befor the other try replacing it there only a few bucks.
I would try this first. Always start with the easiest thinkable problem

is it me, or are YAMAHIZAL700's posts extremely difficult to read?... that capital letter for each word makes for a very unpleasent appearance?...

just 2 cents...

TJ500 said:
is it me, or are YAMAHIZAL700's posts extremely difficult to read?... that capital letter for each word makes for a very unpleasent appearance?...

just 2 cents...

That Is Kind Of Difficult To Read.

Thanks for the 0.02 tj500, Ill try to be more ledgable. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I already replaced the bulb twice. To my dismay it didn't fix anything.

YAMAHIZAL700.....
The same blue wire/cct that feeds the brake switch at the handlebars also feeds the tail (running lite).... You will have to remove the seat, but check for power at the connector found under the seat.... Open connector and check to ground on the blue wire...(this is your tail/running lite)... The other, green/yellow will show power when brake lever is pulled.. If you have power on the blue at connector, then problem is with harness to lite... keep us posted..

tj

I had the same problem with my Viper....Traced through schematic with my multi-meter and it ended up being the fuse. I had the same melting issue, so of course i automatically overlooked the obvious.

I didn't even know these things had fuses. Where are they located? I bet when me and Red Robbinhood melted our wires on exhaust it probably snaps the fuse for running light. ? Thanks again everyone for the info. Priceless.

it should be under the hood on the right side right in front of the cowling that the pull rope goes through. They are in a small black box. Maxdlx... if you have a manual it shows you in there

Back