Looking for GPS?

snomo101

Website
www.rgconcepts.net
What is the best unit to purchase? Looking for a unit that can be used on the sled and on my bike. Something that you can see. What is the best software available that shows the trails in the UP of Michigan? Thanks for the help!

I purchased the Garmin GPSMap 60c this fall along with the Topo map package and I love it!!! Make sure to get a unit with an external antennae, so it will work in heavy tree canopy areas.

The unit shows most two tracks with a fairly high degree of accuracy....of course no unit will show every woods trail (due to constant logging which leads to trails changing all the time.

The snowmobile trails are NOT marked as such, but they also tend to vary from year to year.

Some units go thru batteries like crazy, but I have been using mine for a couple of months and still on the first set of batteries.

I got mine from TigerGPS.com...it was just over $400 for the unit and software delivered to my door.

The Garmin price on the unit alone is normally over $400 and another $100 for the Topo software, so a very good price.

Once you have it narrowed down to the specific unit you want, try using some of the pricing sites like pricerunner.com or pricegrabber.com to track down the cheapest source.

Back