Finally a solid answer on gearing!!!

GS438

Just talked to Gary at MAXX PERFORMANCE . He told me to run a 24/35 with my 8 tooth drive and RIPSAW TRACK . He said this would be the stock gearing and thats where I should be!! with my Simons kit

i have a 25 top gear if you want to run a 34 bottom gear , it would be the same ratio , and i would give it to ya cheap !!!!!if your in the usa that is , its almost not worth shipping across the border anymore ...

B2SO said:
i have a 25 top gear if you want to run a 34 bottom gear , it would be the same ratio , and i would give it to ya cheap !!!!!if your in the usa that is , its almost not worth shipping across the border anymore ...
Im in Chicago thanx for the offer!!

Are you sure he said "the same" ???

That's good that he gave you an answer you like, however, it's close to stock gearing but if you really want to get technical about it, it is not "the same as stock gearing". Stock gearing is 22/38 on 9 tooth drivers (if this is a viper we're talking about) and that is a 1.727272 and on and on and on. 24/35 is a 1.4583333 which corrected for 8 tooth drivers (1.13) comes out to a 1.647916666. Now, maybe Gary has some other correction he is doing for the efficiency factor, but that is not "the same" as stock gearing. Do the math yourself or go to Gary's own web site, I think he has a chart for this. ;)!

Madmatt

Hey Matt , What Would 22/41 9 Tooth Drivers = , Math ...1 +1 = 7 Right...doh!!!

Those guys at Maxx Perf know their stuff. Like I've posted before I run a 25/35 and 8 tooth drivers which gives me a 1.58. No hole shot lag and she rolls. You wouldn't be hurt running that esp. w/a 780. Anyway it sounds as though you're going to kick some a #$%&* this year! Have fun :WayCool:

SRXtrafast said:
Those guys at Maxx Perf know their stuff. Like I've posted before I run a 25/35 and 8 tooth drivers which gives me a 1.58. No hole shot lag and she rolls. You wouldn't be hurt running that esp. w/a 780. Anyway it sounds as though you're going to kick some a #$%&* this year! Have fun :WayCool:
I was happy to get a solid answer!! He had me at a 25/35 then I told him about the 780 kit and he changed it to 24/35. Im just starting to learn about these things so it helps to here from other people. Do you think it will come out of the hole okay with this setup? Thanx again

I have a 25 top gear for ya ...im in michigan , could have it by monday :WayCool:

Probably your hole shot might be better w/ the 24 ,it's the same as shifting your bicycle to the smaller gear at the peddles[less resistance from the start]. But as you keep going you need to shift to a higher gear at the peddles[drive] to go faster. That's why I think you have enough power w/ the 780 to go w/ the 25. If you can get the 25 from B2SO give it a try and see how both work. :yam:

Sounds like a bb srx.

GS438 traction could be an issue with the 24T, I would personally try the 25T and go from there unless you have no doubts about your sleds traction.

98srx6 said:
Sounds like a bb srx.

GS438 traction could be an issue with the 24T, I would personally try the 25T and go from there unless you have no doubts about your sleds traction.
Im running a ZR900 skid and RIPSAW track 144 picks, and a 8 tooth drive I finally got this thing to transfer can't wait to try this RIPSAW!!!

SRXtrafast said:
Probably your hole shot might be better w/ the 24 ,it's the same as shifting your bicycle to the smaller gear at the peddles[less resistance from the start]. But as you keep going you need to shift to a higher gear at the peddles[drive] to go faster. That's why I think you have enough power w/ the 780 to go w/ the 25. If you can get the 25 from B2SO give it a try and see how both work. :yam:
Would my weight factor in this decision my fat @$$ weighs 270# ????

I know when I ran a t-cat 1000 I stayed w/him out of the hole and then he had me by one sled.That was the best race for me. He weighs about 225-250 and I weigh 170 w/full gear, but I just have head plane which doesn't have the hp gain that the 780 does. :WayCool:

i will sell the gear to ya for 25 bucks shipped , pm me your address..

Back