What is covered under warranty!!

Viper-Rules!

The dealer has agreed to cover my water pump under warranty. They are telling me idler wheel bearings are however not covered? I have one power valve cable that is kinked on the servo end, as a result of stuck valve. They said they might cover this? I know there is no more warranty on clucthes. Recoil rope is covered. Anyone know if the idler wheels/bearings are normally covered?? Thanks

I've had the bearings covered before. But they dont cover the wheel itself. Wheel's that dont have replaceable bearing's, such as the rear Idler's on a Viper, they ended up covering the complete wheel because of a bad bearing.
They also covered the recoil rope, they have a problem with the rope wearing at the chain case guide. The problem goes away once the guide is polished smooth from the rope, so the second rope will not wear like the first one did.
Not sure if this is Yamaha's actual policy, or if my dealer was just giving me good service. ;)!

Last edited:
I think alot of warranty issues are open to each dealers discretion. Catch them on a good day, they'll take care of it. Go back another day and they'll tell you no. All depends on the dealer, how much business you've given, and how much they want to help you and so forth. Again, this is just my opinion that here is alot of "gray" area here. Remember they are in business for one reason (much like the rest of us) to make money.

--Steve (O.C.)

the dealer has a discretionary dollar amount to work with - anything over that amount they have to call yamaha for warranty coverage - the dealer can paint the repair in a favorable light if he has to - i have witnessed this on a couple of occasions. create a good relationship with your dealer, and he can help out sometimes.

Dealer Service

Right on , the dealer can help out if you are a good customer. I broke the front W arm on my SRX one year and Yamaha claimed that it was from abuse. Anyone ever ride Tug Hill, NY on a bad day???? They finally covered it but only 50% of the cost of the shock.

Back