some bling pics of CB parts

maxdlx

VIP Lifetime Member
Finally got the front end shinny again, and took some pics. These guys do great work, and are very profesional to deal with. You wouldn't believe the difference in weight between stock and there trailing arms. Thanks Guys. Paul

Attachments

• 100_0320.JPG
    100_0320.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0321.JPG
    100_0321.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 26

Looks good,... do you have to stay on top of cleaning those polished parts everytime you ride? Lot of work, but looks good. Bryan. I was thinking getting the wheels polished on my e-maxx-|:o|
<---------------------------------

looking good paul. As for cleaning them Paul may have a different opinion but with an enclosed trailer, I rode 600 miles on mine last year and They still had that perfect shine to them.

PS: I have a Modified T-maxx that I mess around with during the summer!

I you use a good polish and sealer, they will hold a shine with just a clean cloth. I wish I had time I would of tried to clkear coat them. Paul

Looks good, I'm gonna see if I have time to start assembling my cb front end this weekend. It's true, if you guys haven't held up a cb trailing arm you wouldn't believe how light they are.

how big is that sway bar? I want the whole front end, but reality dictates I could afford the swaybar lol! maybe after the wedding things will look different :) so what size is that sway and how did it work for you? can that be gotten for a stock front end? thanks!

That sway bar will work fine on a stock front end. it is the medium bar, and it works great. I wouldn't ride with out it. Maxdlx

holy crap, thats only medium!!!! did you notice any ride difference? was it a huge difference in handling? seem to bite in more, or simply keep the skis planted in the corners? thanks a lot for the input, greatly appreciated!!

Hey, with our sway bar kit, we have an external housing that is aluminum which is what you see in the picture. There is a bar that goes inside that housing and that is the actual sway bar. We have several different stiffnesses that go along with our kit and we do not stiffen it up by using a thicker bar all together, we change the wall thickness of the bar which makes it more stiff. The external housing bar is probably near 1 3/8" 1 1/2" if I were to guess. As for handling, I will let Paul answer you, but personally, I think it really handles the corners extremely well now.

Being my sled is completely different than most, this is just my view. I rode my sled with the bar unhooked, and it was a tippy handful. Hooked up the sway bar and it was just like my old flat cornering sx. I rode it in the UP and had no troble holding the front end in the corners at any speed. Me I would get the sway bar kit before the trailing arms. Make the sled easier to ride, before you make it BLING BLING. Maxdlx

mmmmmmmm, I would LOVE to think I could corner like my old sx!! I think if yours can handle that well being as high as it is, my stock one with simmons ought to rail pretty good! 2000srx, would you recomend the medium or hard one for me? I ride groomed trails, no ditches etc. few lake blasts, but not for long only as a way to another trail. see some decent bumps on occasion, but 90% is nice groomed trails with only smaller bumps if any. thanks!! going to get one in a few months, gotta get though the wedding first lol!!!

thanks for the input, you will be hearing from me agin to order in a month or so :) thanks for all the input! trying to talk dad into one for his vector as well!

Back