aftermarket lights for vipers

TimeBomb

i can't think of the brand but they are the lights that some guys with rx1/apexs' are replacing their stock bulbs with. they give like a blue tint, kinda like meeting a mercedes with its lights on. has anyone put these in a viper? how do you like them?

why the newer yam sleds have this tint is, their reflector/projector on the lamp is colored. the white lamp reflects the tint of the projector. some are blue, some are yellow, not sure if they did the red or not. (i doubt it) but yes you can buy tinted bulbs to give you this effect. ski

Heard of a few people using the Sylvania Silverstar. They are pretty close to a HID but a halogen. Havent seen myself but they say it is a bright white light?

yeap, those are the ones i was thinking of. does anyone have them?
acnas said:
Heard of a few people using the Sylvania Silverstar. They are pretty close to a HID but a halogen. Havent seen myself but they say it is a bright white light?

TimeBomb said:
yeap, those are the ones i was thinking of. does anyone have them?

I have them in my suburban,gives off a very white light.Kinda has a light blue tint to it,you really notice it when your driving next to a car with standard headlights.

I have them in my viper and they are the brightest lights that i have ever used on a sled. No more yellow vision like others. I like them alot.

TimeBomb said:
i think i made up my mind
anyone know the part # for them?

I dont know the part number but you can get them at any autozone if you have one nearby. Just need the H4 base.

I have been using the Silverstar's in my car for the last 3 years, they do make a huge difference, the only down side is they have burned out on me every year, kind of annoying when they are $20 per bulb...

I have them in my viper and my car. Great bulbs, a little pricey but well worth the extra bright vision. They burn a little hotter so if one goes out (two already in the car) they tend to explode into hundreds of little pieces.

Back