some more questions for you guys

bluelightning

just got a foot of snow today...boy was i excited lol. was able to ride the old girl to a field down the street from my house and take her for a good blast. funny thing is, my idling problem i mentioned went away....hmmm

but on to my questions

when i pin the throttle.....the rpms only go up to about 7800....is that normal? this was a foot of powder, dont know if that makes a difference. from reading other threads...seems like it should be going up to over 8k right? when i hammer it, should it go up to 8200 and just stay there? or is it possible that i just wasn't on the gas long enough for the revs to go up all the way? (fields seem a lot smaller when your on a 130+ hp sled :) ) was only able to open her up for about 3 seconds at a time before i had to lay on the brakes. not sure what the guy before me did to it, he mentioned a clutch kit. it grabs at about 4500 rpm. just seems like it could be a little quicker.

and fyi, speedo still doesnt work...so dont ask me how fast i was goin lol.

and one other thing which happened on 2 occasions.....started bogging down.....then POP and it was fine again...any ideas on that?

Back