Did I mess up?

igolf

I just read the thread "Reassembling chain case".

I just got done putting mine back together a couple of days ago due to putting on a new track. I see that ModMMax said that the bolt on the big gear needs locktite. I didn't put any on. Am I screwed?

Thanks!

i never put any on but it wouldnt hurt cause i had the one on my 500 back out and drill a hole in the side of the case. fixed with a button bolt and some gasket maker. but if ur worried about it just toss the sled on its side and pull the cover off, pull the bolt and put some on should only take 15 20 mins. changed a gear and chain at the ice drags last year. flipping it on its side saves all the oil. so u wont have to clean it up or put more in.

I think I might do it just to be on the safe side. Good idea about throwing her on the side.

Should I put in on the nut on the small gear as well?

Thanks.

i wouldnt that stays pretty tight. plus if u ever need to get it off its a B**ch if its never been off or locktighted almost striped mine last year cause it had never been off. if it was me i wouldnt

I have 2 SRX's and have changed many gears, I have never put loctite on those parts. And I have never had one come apart... If you decide to, clean the parts real good and use a thread locker or "blue locktite". I wouldn't use red or green locktite, you'll have a hell of a time getting it apart.

factory uses it, why wouldn't you?
Just use the Blue one, NOT THE RED
The same bolt that comes new in a reverse kit, has Yamaha loctite preinstalled
on the threads

Back