camoplast rubbing

Hudnut

I've had a camoplast predator on my 98 srx for a few years now without a problem. I rebuilt the suspension last year and it rides just fine. I had the sled up in the air today and noticed that the center of the track has rubbed off where the lugs are. I'm guessing that maybe the track tension is too loose and it's slapping the suspension. has anyone had a problem with the predator rubbing? If not, does anyone have any ideas what's up?
Image082.jpg

id check ur tention in the track. or look up there and see if its hittin ur rear shock. i ahve a ohlin in mine and the resavior rubs once in a while i ahve a bit of the same ware on my track, id say tighting it a little would solve it. i could be wrong tho

98srx6 said:
Mine looks like that too... but its from when I broke a shock last season.
THat would make sence. I broke the front shock last year and limped home with it dangling. I'm just suprised that I didnt notice the track damage earlier.

seen that before as well hurts with a new track.fixed mine 2 years agoe with a product called shoegoo fill the holes on the bottom and wet your finger around a half hour latter smoothing it out.it will run if the track is not flat so it takes a couple of days to do it right.good stuff still holding up.

I've used shoegoo on may projects here and there, great stuff. I'll give that a try. I dont think that the integrety of the track has been compromised but it still bugs me.

Back