Any longtravelled SRX riders

SRXPete

While I am waiting for my RX-1 skid, Viper skid shocks, 9818 track to come in, I am wondering if any of you guys have suffered much top end and/or handling loss on your longtravelled SRX's. I guess I will add the front shock extensions for the Ohlins also. Will she still be a decent drag sled?

I was also burning out sliders with the original skid, would this still be a problem with the RX skid? I wasn't paying attention to the sliders and now I am paying for it big time. I wore the slider, the rail at the bend, the front rail cap came off along with the front end of the slider and speared the track real real bad. I was lucky I was going slow at the time because I was just going around 180kms/hr down the lake. I still shiver at the thought of spearing the track and locking up at that speed. Sorry for the novel.

Not at all

I long travelled my 02 SRX last year using an expert, and haven't noticed any top end loss, if anything I lost top end after studding it. The experts a total blast, transfer is unbelievable, and ride is night and day difference over the stock setup. I just removed the stock front ohlins, and replaced it with the pioneer long travel kit. I haven't had the chance to compare yet, but I'm hoping for a big improvement there also.

you should see some top end loss with the long travel skid.

there are tricks you can do to make the hyfax last longer, but you'll have the same problems, because its the same rails.

an Expert is a better skid, you may actualy gain top end with it.

i long traveled my stock skid with viper shocks.
lost some top end due to this and gearing down at same time.
on handling, the first ride was plush but I could not turn without tipping/lifting a ski. no matter what. Thought...what have i done !!!

i changed the sra? front slotted attachment for rear spring to the softest setting( closer to pivot bolt.)
now it corners like on rails again. amazing what difference that made.
just fyi.

point: play with settings once you have everthing bolted in

Ramb

I have the same experience, maxx perf long travel rear. Rides awesome, transfers awesome, but it lifts some ski in the corners, a lot more than my stable of sx's.

I just put in a mono skid in and it transfers real nice but i can't keep the ski's on the ground. So gonna have too play with limiters, transfer rod and spring preload. Ya i miss the handling of my SX 700 but should be able too get close with some adjustments.

BLUEBY-

Just ran my Viper with the monoshock and 1.25" Ripsaw for the first time. It had the stock spring set on 6 and the shock clip in the stock position. Clicker went from center to 1/2way of hard. Limiter strap went one down from stock. Transfer rod has 10 threads showing(dont have the tool yet).

there was about 6 inches of snow on a frozen Hayfield. I got a lot of transfer at all speeds. Only hooked monster wheelies a few times from a stop. with a hard pack base I probably will wheelie more.

I bottomed out on a small jump, i go about 215-220 with gear. I moved the spring clip up to the middle slot (you need a spring compresser for this-I used a Macpherson strut compresser) and set it to 2 just for a start
I will mess around this weekend to get it set up good.

Back