Help with 2000 SRX

redwing_al

:o| I really need some help guys...

I am dumbfounded (emphasis on dumb). I just picked up a 2000 SRX 700 w/445 actual miles...

Cylinder 3 is not firing (the one off the right hand grip).

The spark plug is getting spark.

What could be the problem??? It seems to be getting 'wet', but not firing! I believe that there is adequate compression... This sled had just under 200 miles put on it last year.. . Its done a lot of sitting..

It starts up no problem... Cyl 3 is the problem..

HELP! I'm getting angrier by the minute.. :die:

I am feeling a little helpless right now!

stuck rings or crank seal gone or is that cylinder getting to much gas (busted reeds) ;)!

Have you done a compression test. Carbs need cleaning. maybe the pilot jet pluged. Switch the spark plug with one of the other one to see what happens.
These would be my first tests.

yamyrider said:
Have you done a compression test. Carbs need cleaning. maybe the pilot jet pluged. Switch the spark plug with one of the other one to see what happens.
These would be my first tests.

I switched the plugs around and the same cyl. is the problem. If the plug is 'wet' maybe that cyl is getting too much gas... How can I adjust that?

Start with the basics...Clean the carbs, Check the float settings, Maybe even look at the reeds while the carbs are out.

How strong is the spark...compare it with one of the plugs that is firing. Maybe you have a bad plug wire or something.

Tom

switch the coil wires from one cylinder to another. they fire at the same time anyways. See if your dead cylinder moves. Or move the coils around if you want. Dealers charge alot for seach and discover. Maxdlx

Back