My "new" 2000 SRX

Zack1978

Hey everyone,
This post is actually my second post (see coolant light issues) but I am the proud new owner of a 2000 SRX with 1,100 miles. The sled is totally stock. What I want to know is what type of maint things should be done to the sled to keep it running perfect for a long time? Are there any specific things that should be focused on with a 2000 SRX? How often should the coolant be changed? I know that the sled has the NGK BR9ES's in it at the moment, but I will change that soon, what is the correct plug again? It has been run on Amsoil Interceptor since day one, so I guess I will stick to that oil. PLease help this new SRX owner keep his sled going perfectly for a long time. And WOW this sled is a huge step up from my 1991 Phazer, but I still love the old Phazer (There is not much not to like!)

Thank you,
Zack

Those plugs will work but they call for a BR9ECS. I use what they call for. Make sure to keep your power valves clean. If they stick the cables will pull through. Like any sled clean your carbs everyear. Other than that I would just complete your regualar maintenance like grease your suspension etc. Most people recommend using a good synthetic oil. I ran regualar yamaha oil in mine and the power valves really gummed up. I would stick with the synthetic oil. With regular maintenacne these sleds will last a long time.

Zack, Congrats on the new sled! A few things I would recomend are adding the marginal snow wheel kit to the front of the suspention rails, these sleds are known for eating hyfax and this will help. You could also pull your limitter straps up a little up front, also helping with hyfax wear. Another nice change would be to add some remote fuel screw adjusters. Without them you need to pull the carbs off to make an adjustment. The ones that Bender sells work very well and are fairly cheap. The problem is that the sled comes from the factory with a fairly rich fuel screw adjustment and makes sled cough a bit if temp isn't down to around 10 degrees or so. If you don't want to go that route of adding the remote adjusters you pull the carbs and set all three at 7/8 of a turn open. The stock clutching is good but you can improve there as well......
Good luck!

Zack, congrats on purchasing one of the best sleds ever built. like 77-srx said the srx's are known for the front hyfax wear, but the wheel kit will fix that for sure. greese the zert fittings in the front and rear every so often, clean the power valves atleast once a season and all you need after that is gas and oil!! have fun and post us some pics of your sled if you can

Back