Help with 01 SRX

sbojan

VIP Member
I will try this again with more info.

I just bought a used 01 SRX with 2800 miles on it. Upon removing the power valves I found 2 of the 3 had pulled through, replaced all 3 and adjusted the valves. The sled had about 3 gallons of old fuel, unsure if it was stabilized, but added 8 gallons of new gas. When riding this weekend the sled seems to bog. From a dead stop if you open the throttle up it takes about 2-3 seconds for the sled to reach 5000 RPM's, it is a very quick from 5000 up to about 7000-7500 when it starts to bog again. On a 1/2 mile stretch of hard pack it gets up to about 65 or 70 before it bogs and won't go any more. Temp was in the 20's.

Is this a simple carb cleaning or is there something else going on?

Thanks for the help

definately get in there and clean those carbs, sounds like you have dirty pilots and mains. If you don't know how to do this there is info on the tech pages, it is very easy to do if you are at all mechanically inclined.

I agree carbs. dont just remove bowls and spray carb clean take jets out and clean them if you dont have a jet cleaner use a strand of copper wire and make sure you can see threw jets when done

do not push anything through the jets! Spray carb cleaner in them, let them soak if need be, and blow out with compressed air.

Haven't pulled the plugs yet, guess I should. Thanks for the help guys, I am going to work on this over the weekend.

Back