What helix for stock SRX?

Get in touch with Dalton Industries in Truro NS. They can set you up. I went with a 51/43 on my SRX but I also changed weights and springs. They should be able to help you out. Phone number is 902-897-3333.

MonctonR1 said:
Looking to gain a little advantage on the father in laws SRX. If I was to through in a new helix, what is recomended for faster shifting!

If you tell us more about your sled, what conditions you ride in, and what you want your sled to do, then somebody will definetly be able to help you out.

51/43 and 52/42 have worked out the best for me on the trails. get a stock helix off an RX-1 which is 51/43 looks just like the stock srx helix and he will never know the difference

SRX Clutch set up

This is the set-up I use. It's from one of the best guys in the business:

Spring W-W-W
stock weights
50/40 helix set at 2-6 or 80 degrees
Green code spring.

Makes a hugh difference. About 4 sled lengths in half mile

Ok but if I just go helix for now (tight $$$) the stocker from an RX-1 should do the trick?

that is what I was told by 2000srx ( races and sells performance yammy parts)
so I bought a used one from him.
I did also go one gear down on the top chain gear. you trade off some top end for accelleration.
but seems the "compound cut" helix is the cheapest bang for buck improvements
I will try my helix this satruday and give my impressions. the gearing was done last year so if I have a good memory, I can relay the improvement of the helix alone. it is a 51/43

Ramb

tomseal

as I just mentioned, I will be trying that helix....(51/43)
I am curious about backshifting
many riders like a very quick backshift as they dive into corners, scrub off speed , and want the low ratio for quick accelleration.

i tend to drive "smoother?" and carry a lot of speed through turns, like my days of gocart racing ( slower is faster....)
anyway it works for me as i always lead in the twisties and my buddy tried the method last year and hung with me will leaving others in the dust.
anyway....sorry for novel

I don't want the dynamic braking of too quick backshifting like the REV's do . I want to "coast" through the turns and manage steering with the throttle.....

so. any insight in the behavior of the 51/43 or the other angle cuts for that matter. I still am trying to understand the physics behind these angles and their balance with engine torque. ( sorry, I'm and engineerd :rolleyes: )

Ramb

Rambunctious thats all i have done to my 02 srx 51/43 helix with green spring at 70 8dn-20 weights with both holes filled with 4.5 gram rivets. and 23/40 gearing which is pretty much the same as 22,38 some engamement shims in the primary and a pretty stiff primary spring. thats all you need for trail riding and going around corners. back shift is perfect

what will a green spring at 70 do vs stock (red) at 60...
just dialing in full shift rpm?, or behaves different during the accelleration....?

thanks

and tomseal, what engagement rpm does your clutch setup or other proven setups have? vs stock....
I haven't touched the drive clutch yet....but.........gotta beat my buddies rev....

Ramb

the green spring has more side force so it will grip the belt better, preventing the secondary from overshifting, and helping it backshift quicker with the more aggressive helix cut.

Back