Best long travel kit for srx

GlacierShaker

Hey I have a 98 SRX and tweaked with it for a year now and still need to get a little better handling out of it in the bumps. Now I read all the post about the long travel kits and would like to hear from the people what they did or who had a good kit to improve the ride. I just ride the rivers and trails and this sled just flat out screams but I about kill myself in the bumps. Thanks in advance,

GS

I have put the Max Performance long travel kit in my 97sx600. It has improved the ride, but not like I was hoping. If you plan to keep the sled for two to three more years, then I would do it. It did make the ride a little more tolerable in the rough stuff.

Don't expect it to ride like a Doo or Pol.

long travel

I think the maxximum Perf. kit works great for 300 bucks, but Bruce is no longer at MAXX, and works at Pioneer performance--He should do it for you

716-496-6000 ask for Bruce, and he will set all for your style

shocks

viper shocks ,alot of people are having problems busting the max long travel shock shafts

SRX long traveled

Guys, I agree for $350.00 from Maxx perf its a good upgrade. I gained a good ride in the stutters at high speeds 70 and up, but in the bigger mogles it really doesn't matter. The handleing is still good and speed is the same. If I were concerned about the big bumps I would not of bought an SRX 700, I would of bought an SXR or a std VMAX. I have ridden a SRX with an M10 and it was much improved on the big bumps but did not handle like a true SRX! Performance or ride? AKA Bluebullet

I put the viper shocks in my sled and am very pleased with the ride now. As said before the large stuff still sucks but the stutter bumps have all but disappeared.

Ohlins

I put Ohlins (SXR) shocks in my sx 700. Cant belive the difference. Its a new machine!! Works great and is very easy to install. Ohlins is much better than original SXR/Viper shocks.

srx long travel

I changed one of my 98 srx's to long travel using viper shocks and mountain srx' limiter straps p/n 8cr-47495-00-00. The viper shocks were a set of ones that were removed from early vipers that were srung too stiff for some peoples liking. I had to tighten the spring on the centre shock 7 mm. and change the lower control rod spacers to 7.5 mm. I am very pleased with the ride and the conversion cost less than $400.00 canadian.I am now very pleased with the results and am planning the same conversion for my other srx.

i was looking into it for my 2002 srx. the best solution to a long track kit was the 136" with a 1.25 ripsaw track with lontravel extended shocks. any longer than that i have been told by the pros you are gonna sacrifice alot of handling.

Go for the AD Boivin Expert.

Better ride, better weight transfer, better top end (or at least no worse), and no more worn out slides

Heres my 2 cents!

I got a set of non-revalved Viper shocks ( front and rear ) from my local dealer for $50.00. I installed them in my 2001 SRX 700 and have had pretty good luck with them. They take the bumps a lot better and the handling is still very good. You do loose some speed out of the sled, so you have to choose "better ride?" or "top end speed"?

Check out an earlier post " Front Viper Shocks on A SRX " it has some pics of my sled with the Viper shocks installed front and rear.

My personal opinion is if you can get the Viper shocks for cheap money like I did, its a better deal than Maxximum Performance's kit. But thats my opinion.

Back