Just bought viper s

upnorthbacon

Sold my srx and bought a viper s and picking it up in the morning. I'm wondering how well the stock control rods can be adjusted? If I raise them all the way up can I get decent weight transfer (I can't wait to see how the rip saw hooks up)? I'm not looking to get the hook my srx had (I had bender rods) but can I get decent transfer? My friend has an 02 viper and we adjusted his but it still seems to feel really front heavy. I don't mind a little ski lift if that's the price I have to pay. What do you guys think about letting the straps out too? I heard on another site if you let your straps out and adjust the rods to full transfer you run a better chance of breaking your w arm? Any suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance!

P.S. this website rocks!!!!!

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? I'm also looking to pick one up.

Thanks,

JaySled :D

I paid 6600 tax tiltle and licence, 1 year yamaha warranty and 3 year dealer warranty. minneapolis mn

tousleymotorsports.com 7000 is way to much, after i bought mine i seen them going for 5799 before tax

I paid 6700 o.t.d. I paid a little more than I probably would have further down state. I like the owner and employees so I was more comfortable buying local.

Wow! I'm still breaking the sled in but I'm shocked at how good the ripsaw hooks! I turned my control rods to full transfer, loosened front track spring all the way (The new cam system is soooo much better than the old threads!) stiffened the back up and kept the limiters at stock spec. I was shocked how well this thing carries the skis and hooks up! I put a 2" powermadd riser, sportech handguards, and chopped and painted the windy black. I can't wait to get some real miles on her and run my buddies sled for comparison!

Thought I'd post a pic of my new sled. Just got my mbrp on last night it sounds incredible! I put a 2 inch riser, chopped and painted the windshield and the rest is stock.

Back