1978 SRX engine needed

I have a 79 srx, rebuilt the motor, new rods, barings, pistions, rings, crank trued, new 102c. all this done about 3 years ago, maybe put 200 miles on it since, might consider selling whole sled , I have stuck alot of money in this thing, and just don't ride it, rear suspension has new springs, and shock, i think don't remember everything, new skies, hand warmers, windshield, rubber boots, ski shocks, ware bars, 2 sets( 1 still in package) . kids just can't ride it and stay in the power band where it runs the best, and it's to small for me. I live it south dakota though, long ways for you.

try contacting Jeff Elliot in Racine WI.
he has the largest collection of SRX parts that i know of.
he will have comlpete engines, as well as all the parts to assemble one.
i'd stick to a 78-79 motor for your sled.

i have any srx 440 part you need stay away from the 81's they were not very strong. best years were the 77 then 76. 78 and 79 then 80 then 81. the 80's are the same engine as the 79's and 78's but butterfly carbs and oil injec. best bang for the buck is 78 and 79. don't have a complete engine but have all the parts to build you one or sell you everything you need to build your own. if you're interested i have a full mod 440 srx engine fully rebuilt only run for a a couple minutes. turns 105 hp. let me know if you have any more questions.

I bought a 79 440 engine. I need the engine plate so i can mount it in the sled. What is the price for that 440 mod engine? What is the trick to pulling more power from this motor while i have the heads off?

Scott

mod motor!

ikeever,I am also interested in the mod srx motor.PM me with price and info if it is still available.

Back