Stiffer secondary springs

powderhound

I was wondering if it is better to run a stiffer spring than a silver one ,for better holding of the belt? What are there pros and cons to it? I have seen some guys say they are running polaris springs in there secondarys. I`m just wondering if I should try one with my mods. Anyone have any coments? thnx P H

I was runnin the Poo silver/blue secondary and still had slippin probs. I have been fightin slippin and hot clutches for too long.

After trying nealry all remedies for this prob, I finally got it... get rid of that f**kn hard primary killin piece of sh*t 8DN belt. Its just too damn hard IMO.

I run the Ultimax 3 belt now, and what a diff, she grabs so good I had to re-clutch to bring rpms UP! Now I am back to Yami green sec spring set at 6 and 1 with a straight 51 helix (moutain set up for climbin) when playin in the trees I go to the 47/41 and stiffen the preload a bit (pends on fresh snow and back shifting).

I don't care bout how long the 8DN lasts, for the performance I gained by using a softer belt I will pay for 3 belts a year if thats what happens.

Just my 2 bits

What do you think the differance in track speed hillclimbing between the to belts.What is the part # of that Max 3 belt you are runnin, I think I`m ready for a new belt . :) Maybe I`ll put my ER roller back on if it works that well. I hate to see that much money sitting on my bench. :lol:

I run the ER with a 46 and a Bender red/yellow spring at about 30 degrees preload and I am getting between 48 and 54 mph with my 159 in the powder I also use the dayco 3 can't remember the part numbr

Back