rear sus. setup on viper s

upnorthbacon

Looking for suggestions. I'm getting great hookup on my viper s but I'd like to keep the ski's down when cornering a little better. I have the control rods up most of the way and I have the front track shock loosened all the way. I'm aware both of these things will allow for more weight transfer and worse cornering. I'm wondering which I should adjust and what are the drawbacks? Should I stiffen my front track shock or lower the control rods? I'm not bottoming but I wouldn't mind stiffer suspension so that is not a factor in my adjustment. Or should I split the difference and stiffen the front shock and control rods. I love the way this hooks up and carries the skis but I'm wanting a little more stability now.

A loose front shock spring will actually decrease weight transfer. The way the front shock works with weight transfer is pretty easy. Consider the front shock as being the balancing point. If the sled can rock back on the front shock it will lift the skis upon accelerating. If the front shock compresses (soft spring) on acceleration the weight transfer will be reduced. To get maximum weight transfer you would want the front limiter straps all the way out (loosen) and the front shock as stiff as possible (thus increasing the balancing point). Tightening the straps and loosening the front shock will get you more ski pressure and less weight transfer. All the adjustments you can do with this skid usually result in a trade-off in another area so I would make one adjustment at a time and see if you get the results your looking for. If I was you I think I would tighten the front limiter straps up a bit to try to get more ski pressure. Then look at adjusting the transfer (control) rods if you are still looking for less weight transfer.

ski lift

Viper-S has a deep keel ski and under certain snow conditions makes it hard to turn and lift. I have both sets (shallow 2002 viper and deep). For most conditions I prefer shallow, good handling and easy turning.

Back