Sad day for the SRX

Danger Dog

VIP Member
First I could'nt hook up on the ice I tried bunch of adjustments on the suspenision with not much improvment. So I decided to make a couple of runs and on the second run a cyclinder went out. Thought I popped it as I was jetted on the edge but then came the antifreeze. Took the heads off tonight and the o-ring was trashed and it broke out the piece between the o-ring and cyclinder. Not sure what happened first. I asume that I will have to have it resleeved? :cry:

cylinder

get it welded and remachined re coated

Yaeh welding and remachinig would work great. All you got to do is, spend all that time welding. Then boring out the weld, recutting the oring groove. Then lets think about the cost of paying someone to weld it, recut the oring, and bore the weld out in the cylinder being oh so carefull not to take to much out. Then get it replated. sounds real chaep to me LOL
Sleeve it!!!! I will do the job for $200. That includes the sleeve, installation,rehonning to fit your piston. Also I will blend in the ports. Trying beating that price.

A Kennedy would 200.00 cover boring it. It is a 800 bore size is 73.9mm? I have other cyclinders but if I can fix this one I just as soon leave the others stock.

Back