Light bulb??

SiR X700

I am trying to find a couple of blue bulbs for my speedo and rpm gauge on a 02 SRX. I have tried the Auto Zone,Murrays and a Parts Plus. Any idea were I could find these blue bulbs? Thanks

Im not sure how hot these bulbs burn at put it is possible to color them with a trasnparent blue marker if they dont burn hot. And if they do, Iv seen these coveres that you can put over the bulbs, but these are for the H4 headlight bulb. I imagine you can custom fab something up that would cover the bulb and mae it blue.

Or better yet, take that marker and color the back of the guage cluster where light shines through, making it blue. Id try it with a small part of the speedo in case it doesnt work out and that way the whole thing isnt ruined.

found some

Thanks for the help. I found some at a little parts store here in town for $1.99. thanks again

autozone has them 194R in red blue and yellow.or you can contact autometer and ask for some of the rubber boots that cover the small lightbilbs for there gauges.but the 194r's are brighter,my brother has a set on his srx and they look excellent.

Have you guys had luck with this? We tried putting blue bulbs in a friends 98 srx and it didn't seem to change the color much at all. I'll look for the 194r's as they may be a brighter blue than the ones I tried.

light bulbs

My wife has a purple 02 V-Max 700 ER that I put a set of purple ones in. It is still pretty bright with a purple tint. She really likes it. I put some blue ones in my SRX. I am waiting on a exhaust donut to come in Monday so I can get it started and check mine out

So, bringing this discussion back from the grave. Anyone have any pics of their gauge with different bulb in it. I want to do this on my sled but want to make sure it is bright enough. Looking to put blue bulbs in. Any pics would be great guys and maybe even the type of bulb you used. I know there are only like a million led bulbs out there now.

Back