2002 SXViper Ski Lift?

mdkuni

I am a new very proud owner of a 2002 SXViper! I will not be able to ride it until next Winter so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any ski lift on the sled when you take off. It is not studded but it does have a Camoplast 1.25" track! Thanks in advance!

Oh yah u can count on plent of ski lift especially if your limiter strap is adjusted improperly. I like it though :D

ooyyyaass baby!!!!

:yam: You will get some but nothing that you cant fix or manage! ;)!
I have a 02 and have never adjusted the skis for lift i just set the outside ski when turning( by just touching the brake) and off to the races! :WayCool: If you never owned one b4 you will love this thing! i have owned phazers, exciters, vmaxs, vmax-4, srx and this is the best all around 2 stroke you can by!!!!! enjoy it dude! 8) 6 months and a wake up b4 snow!!

Thanks for the input! I have heard talk about limiter straps but I have never got a straight answer as to what they are and how to adjust them. Can anyone help me out with this. :yam:

Hey mdkuni I'm sure you will enjoy you viper! Once you get the suspenation set up for your taste you'll love it. hopefully this will solve your limiter problem. Heres a pic of the limiters

Thanks YamahaXtreme! If they are the bolts I am thinking of though, aren't they the ones that control the track tightness. So if I loosen them won't the track be loose and then when I take off won't it be "thudding" from the lugs catching?

No those bolts dont have anything to do with track adjustment. Did your viper come with the owners manual? If so look up track adjustment in it that will show you how to did it step by step with a diagram to help.

I got the manual and got things figured out. I just have one last question. It is still not clear as to what the straps exact function are?? Any ideas. Thanks for your help.

I can't wait to get on the Viper next winter! Thank you for all your help! I have been trying to get those answers for a long time. Thanks again! :yam:

Back