Carb settings for 1978 SRX

SRX freek

Hey was just wondering if anyone out there can tell me what the Power jets do on a 1978 SRX, and how far to adjust them?? I was also wondering how far the air screws should be opened on the 1978 SRX with stock carbs. Thanks a bunch

DUDE, I HAVE ALL SPEC,s ON THESE CARBS. THEY WERE 36 mm POWERJET CARBS. IF YA NOTICE THERE IS A ENRICHNER DIAL ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWLS OF THESE CARBS. THE POWER JET COMES INTO PLAY AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE AFTER THE MAIN JET. HEY YOU HAVE ANY INTREST IN SELLING THIS 78 SRX. !! 3:16 (tony)

Nope, sorry!! I think i met you at the Great Eastern Whiteout on Saturday...did you have a super nice 1980 SRX there?? we had the 1972 free air tnt and the sl 292 yammi...2 spots down from you, i talked to you about racing srx's and the little stuff to tweak em...

DUDE, YES, THAT WAS ME. COOL!! SMALL WORLD. WAS PRETTY SURPRIZED TOO WIN FIRST PLACE AT A SHOW THAT BIG. WON UNRESTORED MUSCLE. I WAS IN SHOCK ALL THE WAY HOME. I HEARD THERE WAS 480 ENTRIES AT THAT SHOW. ANYWAYS, HAVE LOTS OF SRX INFO IF YA NEED ANYTHING. 3:16 (tony)

Awesome...i got home and logged in and saw you were from webster and i was like wow...i think thats the guy i talked to!!! hey i told you that srx you had was super nice!!! i found a nice comet clutch and 40 mm carbs from an el tigre that will work for 150 bucks...is it worth it??? and do you have any manuals from a 1978??? we might be interested if you want to sell it!!

DUDE, I DO A HAVE A ORIGINAL 78 SRX MANUAL BUT CAN,T PART WITH IT. I WILL GIVE YA ANY INFO YA NEED. I ALSO HAVE ROCK,IN SET-UP FOR A 78 SRX WITH A COMET CLUTCH IF YA NEED IT. HEY YA I WAS PRETTY SHOCKED MY SRX WON THERE!! 3:16 (tony)

hey yammigod3:16, whaddya want for that comet clutch setup??? you can email me or whatever if ya dont wanna put it on the site here...dpeters15@verizon.net...oh yea...you wouldnt be able to hook me up with some of those 1976 pipes you were telling me about would you???

ALL I WANT FOR THAT SET-UP IS FIRST CRACK AT YOUR 78 IF YA DECIDE TO SELL.!! DUDE, I DON,T CARE WHO USES THIS SET-UP OR NOT.
102c COMET CLUTCH SRX SET-UP
RUN PURPLE PRIMARY SPRING - # 207758
INSTALL ONE SHIM BEHIND COVER
ENGAGEMENT SHOULD BE ATLEAST 5000
RUN COMET N-1 WEIGHTS - # 209642A
RUN SECONDARY IN STOCK LOCATION. RUN THIS IF YOUR USEING 78 SRX EXHAUST AT 9000. IF YOU RUN 76 SRX PIPES, INCRESE SECONDARY PRELOAD AND RUN AT 9500. 3:16 (tony)

Tony

Not sure I think he is waiting for you to explain it to him. Some other guy is looking for a jetting spec on his quad piped 800 V4, course he does not want it to melt down!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey thanks a lot man...i gotta find a comet clutch...therres one up near the white out track the guy wants 100 bucks for it...we'll see we'll see!!!

FIRST JOEY, HOW ABOUT EXCITER 570 TAKING OUT PISTON BECAUSE HE BOUGHT CRAP GAS AT OLD FORGE AND AL P TELLING HIM IT WAS CAUSED BY CRACK IN PULSE LINE lol!!!!
DUDE, SAVE YOUR PENNIES AND BUY New COMET IF YA CAN. THEY SELL THEM WITHOUT WEIGHTS AND SPRING. USED ONES ARE USUALLY JUNK!!! 3:16 (tony)

Back