a few pics from eagle river

rx1yama18

here is a few pics of our trip in eagle river last weekend, we had a lot of stuff go wrong such as a cat and a polaris in our group broke down, I got a rock jamed between my heatexcanger and my track locking everything up, and worst of all Mike (yamaholic22) had his viper fall of the trailer going 70 mph!!! lucky nothing was broken. Over all the trip was pretty fun. ;)!

Attachments

• ty1.JPG
    ty1.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 54
  • ty2.JPG
    ty2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 46
  • ty3.JPG
    ty3.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

yea that wasn't good, very lucky nothing happened. That's what happens when a polaris rider ties down your sled, lol. Looked in the mirror, saw that the sled was gone. Turned around, found it about 10 miles back, in the ditch, sitting there like someone parked it there, cover still on it and everything. Good karma? :yam:

my 500 fell off a trailer around that speed and my brother got alll the way home befor eh notcied it was missing. it fell of 45 mins earlyer half way home. they found it sitting in the middle of teh orad on a corner with a guy sitting there with his car and his flashers on. lol. he said he came around the corner and almost hit it and didnt knwo what to do so he stoped and put his flashers on.

yea i was expecting that thing to be hit by a logging truck or something since with a cover on there is no reflectors. i guess we were lucky

Damn....how in the hell can a sled fall off a trailer at 70mph and not be
destroyed...LOL!!!!!!!

what happen to the crap and poo??

daman said:
Damn....how in the hell can a sled fall off a trailer at 70mph and not be
destroyed...LOL!!!!!!!

what happen to the crap and poo??

The cat blew up, and the poo blew a head gasket or something, no yamaha problems.
:yrules:

Blkhwkbob said:
Do we need any more proof that Cats are junk?

LOL, and the funny thing about that is that it is a 2002 ZR 600 EFI, so its not like bad carburetion or something caused it. Cat's dont always need a reason... :yam:

the good luck was short lived though, forgot to mention that when i went to start it up to drive it on the trailer, the rope broke, lol. Had to take a ratchet strap apart and start it by hand from the primary. ;)!

I had my sled fall of the trailer once doing ~70 mph or so.

Going north on I35 from Minneapolis to Duluth, Sled was behind the driver on the trailer, and I was driving in the right (slow) lane. Looked in the rearview mirror just in time to see the sled drop off the trailer. Sled "cruised" along the left groove in the right lane, then switched to the right groove, then parked itself on the shoulder of the road like I had road it, shut it off, and placed the cover on it. The one ski was just touching the gravel of the road. The tie down bar bolt had broken, and let the sled take a ghost ride trip. Only damage was the wear on the studs and carbides.

yamaholic22 said:
yea that wasn't good, very lucky nothing happened. That's what happens when a polaris rider ties down your sled, lol. Looked in the mirror, saw that the sled was gone. Turned around, found it about 10 miles back, in the ditch, sitting there like someone parked it there, cover still on it and everything. Good karma? :yam:
I'm not sure why, but that just made me laugh my *** off the way you explained her sitting on the side of the road just as if you parked her there. Glad to hear she made it. I alway hit my brake lights a few times at night just to make sure shes still there. ;)!

Blkhwkbob said:
Do we need any more proof that Cats are junk?

Son's ZR600 Repairs so far this year -

Driveshaft bearing
chaincase bearing
motor mount
primary clutch stuck open
secondary mount holes wore big enough to pull the washers and bolts through
skid out to replace bushings, axles, shock bushings etc.
springs on pipe broke
all the tabs on the hood broke letting the hood screens fall in the engine compartment.
broken side plastic just from riding on the trail

on and on and on and on - it's getting parted out this summer.

I can't get my hands clean anymore.

Back