A few pics from Saturday`s ride

kimoaj

Hi guys !.

Here are a few pics from Saturday!.

HPIM1496Medium.jpg

Due to little snow and icy trails, I made this separate track lubing system.. hehe.

HPIM1497Medium.jpg

Sausage break.

HPIM1499Medium.jpg

If you look closely you can see the ocean between the mountains, thought it looked cool.

HPIM1500Medium.jpg

My friend on his RS Vector

Well.. I`m the only one who wear one, most guys wear huge fur hats. Oh, as you probably saw I didn`t wear it in the movie clip, but I always wear it when riding in the trails / on the mountain.

Thanks for the replys guys:).

Sausage break yes, don`t you guys stop to "grill" sausages on the campfire?:).

I know it`s kind of wierd that most of us don`t wear helmets, a few years ago it was illegal not to wear one, but then some guys found out that wearing a heavy helmet when riding longer trials in Finnmark (sami-part of our contry) you could hurt your neck, so now I think it`s legal not to wear them.
I wear the same helmet as use when I ride my dirtbike, works great. I also think it looks cool, hehe.

The only thing is when you stop for a break, kind of annoying having to switch from hat to helmet, you don`t have to but... you know what I mean.

The SX is doing just fine, I took the chaincase cover off two weeks ago, found lot`s of ice in the bottom of it. Removed it, cleaned it and re-used the rubber gasket, easy fix. My friend to it for a ride the same weekend, she was so happy, engine runs nice. One thing I noticed is that it is kind of sensitiv when it`s cold, has to run for a minute before it will react on the throttle properly. Not uncommon I guess, but some sleds react just fine right after start up, some doesn`t.

Today we got 10cm with snow, but the weather forecast said it was going to rain tomorrow. Gees, this winter is totally wierd. Snow/rain/snow/rain/snow/rain .

:)

Last edited:
kimoaj said:
One thing I noticed is that it is kind of sensitiv when it`s cold, has to run for a minute before it will react on the throttle properly.

you should ALWAYS let a liquid sled warm up 5 min. or more....:)

Last edited:
Gees man I know you are a wise man but, 5 minutes is to much. If you ask me, that is:).

I normally just start it, loosen the skis from the ground, lift the track up and check that all the running wheels move freely, remove ice, and then I hit the throttle. Ofcourse I always take it very gently the first kilometers.

Gees I remember my old Kawasaki KX125 1993, took ages to clear it out and you had to stay on the throttle to avoid plug fouling. But, it was a fast bike so it was OK ;).

I always let mine warm up a lot. cold seize would suck. and it is a lot better for them. only takes a minute, start it then go back in and get dressed. just that easy :)

:) OK 03viperguy, not dumb to go get dressed while the sled warmes up, but that would make the dressing stressfull, hehe :).
I prefer the "midway", you don`t have to pin it right out of the drive way. I let it idle a little and then I take off slowly, I rarely rew it before I have ridden atleast 2 kilometers or so.

Wellwell.

Faceplant?.

Back