My yamaha hauler..NOT a truck but a subaru!

kinger

VIP Member
Been wanting to post this for awhile. This is my WRX STI, for those not familiar, its 300hp/tq on a turbo 4 cyl, 6 spd bulletproof trans, Brembo 13" racing brakes, all wheel drive with adjustable TQ between front and rear, 3 limited slip differentials (F, Center, R) with a Lock function to lock them all at the same speed. This baby does 0-60 in 4.8 with no trailer and around 6 towing :) :WayCool:

I don't even know its back there, all I see is a big bad viper starring at me in the rear view :)

What do you think?

Attachments

• yamaha_hauler.JPG
    yamaha_hauler.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 28
  • yamaha_hauler_2.JPG
    yamaha_hauler_2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 43

I love that car. Tried to talk my wife into getting one, instead she had her heart set on a Stratus R/T. Only reason I have a truck is to haul my toys, I am a sports car guy at heart. My boss's brother had my detail his '04 Porsche 911 convertible one weekend last summer. He told me to clean it and bring it back to him on "E". Great weekend, had to wash it a couple of times, darn bugs!

Very nice car! I love how it matches the sled. The whole package looks FAST! I have a car too, and I'd love to get a hitch on it and tow my sled. I think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't want to pull anymore than one though.
Good post, not all of us can have a second vehicle for towing.

There's a picture of my beast. Older car, but mint condition with low kms. Matchesa my sled too.
NewYears2005171.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah if only I could have got the trailer in Blue it would be sweet. I'm slowly going back to a truck so this is the first step in a 9 step program :)

Sweet hauler and sled!!! Do you have more fun in the Rex or the Viper?

Did your trailer come with those size tires or did you upgrade? My kit had the smaller tires. They are too small for my ranger but for the amount of towing that I do it gets me by.

Was considering getting the larger ones but I probably will downsize my tower with higher MPG vehicle. However your trailer tires don't look to put it that high.

Its a toss up between the STi and viper :) With the poor snow conditions the last two years I would say the STi!

I upgraded the tires to 12" from the little ones. The sled actually sits between the tires a little so it doesn't seem high for towing, loading, etc.

nice car kinger.. its an 04 eh? I have a 04 WRX.. They tow pretty good. I had a double wide trailer and two sleds behind my car last weekend. ;)!

Last edited:
sweet car. get one of those cheap plastic covers for the sled though trailer though, protect the investment ;) love that car, want one bad!

Back