Pics - West Yellowstone ride Jan-Feb

BigMac

From earlier this month. Tons of snow out there - some really excellent riding.

Lots of images from our trip at THIS SITE

55794240.jpg

Nice pictures man ! . What kind of camera do you have?.

Let me guess, 300D 350D or D50 or D70 ?.

:)

Very nice. We will be riding in Utah March 18/19. We are actually renting RMK's like in the photo. Will post pics when we return. What lenght RMK was that?

Viper Treats said:
Very nice. We will be riding in Utah March 18/19. We are actually renting RMK's like in the photo. Will post pics when we return. What lenght RMK was that?

They were 144's. I didn't particularly care for the 600HO RMK. Power was fair, although a little lacking for any serious climbing in deep snow. Top speed about 80, track was OK. But I got to hating the thing toward the end of the week for trail riding - it simply wouldn't track and I just fought the thing for cornering on the trails - I haven't ridden a sled that pushed the corners that bad in 15 years. I know, it's a mountain sled, but the M7 I originally rented (until it broke) handled very well, especially by comparison - and it had a 153 inch track. I suppose I could have done something to dial in more ski pressure, but I didn't. Overall, that RMK was a truly uninspiring sled, and worse than uninspiring for any trail riding. Hope your experience is better.

Last edited:
BigMac said:
They were 144's. I didn't particularly care for the 600HO RMK. Power was fair, although a little lacking for any serious climbing in deep snow. Top speed about 80, track was OK. But I got to hating the thing toward the end of the week for trail riding - it simply wouldn't track and I just fought the thing for cornering on the trails - I haven't ridden a sled that pushed the corners that bad in 15 years. I know, it's a mountain sled, but the M7 I originally rented (until it broke) handled very well, especially by comparison - and it had a 153 inch track. I suppose I could have done something to dial in more ski pressure, but I didn't. Overall, that RMK was a truly uninspiring sled, and worse than uninspiring for any trail riding. Hope your experience is better.

Yeah, I can see that, any sled will seem combersome in trail corners compared to the viper. The place we are going with rents 900's so hopefully the power will be a little better. From what they said the snow conditions are really good this year out there, so hopefully we won't spend too much time on the trails.

Back