sea level an 02 700 MM

1badz

I have an acquaintance with a 700 Mountain Max who feels his machine hasn't been "sea levelled" . At WOT, he's hitting 9000 rpms +, and is running around 7000 rpm at 30 to 40 mph. This is too high, right?? Any clutching tips to get it where it should be, if we are right? Thanks.

taylzee said:
Tell more about the sled. Is it completely stock and what is in it right now for weights, springs, etc?

I'm told the sled is completely stock, still running 2" track, stock clutches, exhaust, etc. Don't know what's in the clutches, but it's whatever the factory shipped it as. So if anyone has taken a factory stock machine and made some changes for sea level that works, that would be a good starting point.

not positive on this but I believe they come set for the mountains and you have to set them up for your elevation.

GETZY said:
not positive on this but I believe they come set for the mountains and you have to set them up for your elevation.

That's what I'm asking? What is a good sea level setup?

go to the tech page and use Turks set up for sea level sxr. same sled, just need to reclutch it. Leave the gearing alone for now, then tell us how it runs. Maxdlx

They are clutched for about 10k elevation stock. run a 4.5 gram inner rivet & about a 3.6 gram outer. This should get you close.

Use a lighter primary spring too helps , try yamaha blue silver blue . If you want more speed out of it ,cause they are geared for climbing of course, then put in a 23 tooth drive gear . I had my carbs adjusted/set for 1600 elevation, it is great !

Back