81 SRX no VIN # ? ! ?

DUDE, IF YA REMEBER MARKS 81 SRX AT THE ELKLAND SHOW LAST SUMMER HIS IS A ORIGINAL # MATCH TO THE CHASSIS. VERY RARE HERE, YAMAHA UPDATED MANY OF THOSE CASES BECAUSE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS. HEY JUST BOUGHT A 1979 SRX. SEE YA AT ELKAND THIS SUMMER. 3:16 (tony)

I've been told that no number means the case was replaced at some point in time. My 81' was the same way. "Pad" for the stamping was blank.

YEP RIDER I AGREE, I HAVE ORIGINAL TECH MANUAL ON 81 SRX, TALK ABOUT A NIGHTMARE. MORE UPDATES ON THAT SLED THAN THE GREAT 03 F-7 lol!!! MY GREAT BUDDIE HAS A 81 SRX THAT IS A NUMBERS MATCH TO THE CHASSIS, PRETTY RARE. I BELIEVE CASES WERE UPDATED WHEN INGINTION WAS REPLACED AND ALSO THE CRANK AND OIL ISSUES. !! 3:16 (tony)

Sold it on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Had to go, just didn't have the room for it anymore. I know ten years from now I will kick myself in the head for letting it go. That's the way it is sometimes I guess. Sucky thing was the guy that bought it seemed clueless as to what he was getting. :o|

$760 which was fair I guess. It was no show piece, but it still had a lot going for it. I only had $500 in it so I was happy. With more work and parts it could have been worth more, but the vintage scene isn't real strong in my area.

I sold mine with extra engine and numbers matching tunnels for 600 three years ago Kick myself in rear every time I think about it.

Back