Having a sled shipped from Canada...........

upland

I purchased a sled from Canada and am learning how much it is really going to cost when it is all said and done!!
Cost of sled = XXXXX
Freight = $470.00
Bond = $60.00 (min. charge)
Broker to get the sled released at customs = $175.00 ($ figure based on price of sled) :o| :o| #$%&*

The sled......showroom new 1975 Yamaha gpx 338!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Now I know to work the seller over on the price a little more.

upland said:
I purchased a sled from Canada and am learning how much it is really going to cost when it is all said and done!!
Cost of sled = XXXXX
Freight = $470.00
Bond = $60.00 (min. charge)
Broker to get the sled released at customs = $175.00 ($ figure based on price of sled) :o| :o| #$%&*

The sled......showroom new 1975 Yamaha gpx 338!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Now I know to work the seller over on the price a little more.

WOW!!!!!

What if you went to Canada and picked it up yourself? Would you still need to have to pay a bond or duty tax? Dean-o

I brought a sled from Vermont back to Ontario ,,,took my wife with
me called it a holiday ,,,,,,over 1,000 miles at 15 mpg ..$100.00 plus
over night in Lake Placid , meals , overnight in Upper NY , $3.55 cdn
in GST at border for a $400.00 sled US....did my own paperwork at
border ..Cost a day off work and a Sat & Sun ..estimate around
$1150.00 CDN dollars ........Tax is according to price ...Can't do much
about that but fib about price ...dont get caught ...Cant fib about $
and insure shipping for correct $ ...
Call it a holiday , then the gas and accomadation doesn't count .
RON

So you still have to tell them at the border that you bought a sled or parts and have to pay a duty tax ???????

I am certain the the sourness I feel now will subside when I take that baby out of the crate......and wrap her in a fleece blanket!!!

Deanosmod,
Since your familiar with the srx's. What would be a good price for me to pay for a better than average 79 srx 440? (it's complete, looks very good).

#1 question. The belly pan. Any dents? #2 question is the seat origanal? Spider cracks in the hood? Any dents in the tunnel? Numbers match? If it's a 10 then it's worth $1500-$2000. A good perfect show sled would be worth the high end. If you buy one for $1000 and then you want to make it a ten, it will cost you a bundle. These are the srx trail sleds. The race srx oval sleds 76/77 are worth 2 to 4 times that of a trail srx78/79/80. Good luck. I just love these old srx's. Trail or race. Dean-o

Deanosmod ....Not sure if your N or S of border ...if N , then your allowed
to spend 200.00 cdn in USA and return with no GST after being out of Canada
for 3 days .....and pay GST on amt. over the 200.00 ..also had to fill in
20 minutes of paperwork for being a non compliant gas engine ..can't bring
modern stuff over unless passes Can. emmision laws and CSA standards .
Old sleds are pre emmisions testing and exempt ....Don't show up w/o a bill
of sale ,,,or play stupid ....I've been told they will keep you for the day answering questions and checking vehicle etc ....I crossed at Prescott .Ont
and they didn't even look under the cover .
RON

Very minor dents in belly pan. don't know if the seat is original, but it looks good. #'s match and yes there are spider cracks in the hood. Tunnel is dent free.

I JUST BOUGHT A 1979 SRX I OWNED 20 YEARS AGO. SLED IS 100% NUMBERS MATCH, HAS A COMET ON IT (i set up years back ) AND I HAVE YP. HOOD HAS SPIDER CRACKS, SEAT BEEN RECOVERD BUT VERY NICE JOB , AND ONE SMALL CRACK WAY UNDER IN PAN. OTHERS WISE SLED IS VERY NICE. ANOTHER THING HAS ORIGINAL YAMAHA SRX SMOKED WINDSHIELD NOT AFTERMARKET CRAP THAT FOLDS IN MIDDLE. BOUGHT IT FOR $1000. I ALREADY MADE IT LOOK GOOD ENOUGH TO BRING OUT TO SHOWS. !! DEAN, YOU GET THAT SSR ? 3:16 (tony)

Hey Tony,
I was told by a lot of people that I was paying top dollar for it and the numbers didn't match. $14000 is a lot of cash. I'm sticking with the srx's. I love the ssr's but I'd rather add on to the garage with that money for a show room for the srx's. I was told that other guys have paid $8000 for the same or better ones. I'm still looking. Thanks Dean-o

DEAN, YOUR RIGHT!!! FOR $14000 THAT SSR BETTER LOOK LIKE DAY ONE STARTING WITH HAVEING CORRECT 8H0 MOTOR IN IT MATCHING TO CHASSIS. I DON,T CARE WHAT NUMBERS WILL WORK WITH WHAT!! THAT HAS TO BE CORRECT FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY. TALK TO YA SOON !! 3:16 (tony)

Back