SR 292 twin pulse lines?

montynormand

can anyone tell me why the SR292 has two pulse lines on the case? Perhaps the twin sr433 or sr643 ran dual fuel pumps with seperate pulse lines? - but then why the 292?

Huh – that’s interesting. :o|

Is it two complete holes or a tee?

My guess would be someone installed a 2nd pulse line to run an independent Mikuni pump for pumping juice to the sliders.

every sr292 case I've seen has these two pulse lines. most guys I know dont have a good answer. the guys I know are using them for slide lube pumps. but was that yamaha's intention? intresting isnt it?
item #32 in the diagraphm

Attachments

• sr292 case.JPG
    sr292 case.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 85
What does it show in the parts book about the carb. Are there 2 to the carb? ;):D

It was pumper stock - right?

Where do you find this junk ;):D
It does have two diaphrams.

Years ago my buddy built a flat track bike using a SR292. Next time I see him I'll ask.

He has evolved to a Yamaha 540 (+/-) sled engine with CVT in his street bike. Nothing touches it in 1/4 mile. :rockon:

The parts books must show some direction of the lines.

finding odd ball stuff can be fun.... have never seen a dual pumper like these so thought I would take a look at them. just something different!!!!!
its the only explination I can see for the two pulse lines. However these are not the original carbs for the sled. any idea what they were originally for?
based on this diagram, do i see a pulse line to the carb, and another to a pump?

Attachments

• carb.JPG
    carb.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 76
The early Doo’s and Hirths had some type of return line going back to the tank. That could account for the mess of lines – but neither had 2 pulse pipes in the crankcase. ;):D

But wait…..you may have hit on something – yes I think you nailed it….. :rockon:

Like you observed – maybe one went an independent diaphragm pump and the other went to the diaphragm pump on carb – ya – that makes sense. :WayCool:

Maybe the old stock Mikuni’s didn’t have the poop to suck enough fuel to satisfy that big bore engine – or so they assumed. The chassis mounted pump acted as a supplement.

The proof would be if the stock sled came with a chassis mounted diaphragm pump cause for sure it came with a diaphragm carb. If it had the pump – thus the two required pulse lines.

Next? :o|

Double pulse lines are for a double pumper carb when running alcohol (or fuel as old racers call it). My 1971 blizzard 292 was set up this way.

Back