Upgraded the wifes sled(dial up warning)

daman

A very,very nice and clean all stock 2001 V-Max Deluxe 500..fresh rebuild,,
new cyls,pistons,rings wrist pins and clips,crank bearings(outer)oil pump,
gaskets,and lots more,,
and had a Yamaha dealer do all the work.

The guy invested $1,800 in this sled and i got it for $2,300

I'm very impressed with this little 500 the thing just rips. but over revs a little(8000).
135psi on the dot on each cyl. the rebuld was only done 500 miles ago.

Love the silver;

01V-Max.jpg

01V-Max2.jpg

01V-Max3.jpg

01V-Max4.jpg

sxviper32 said:
hope she loves it...

Thats funny you said that because the first time she jumped on it and
took it for a rip she goes "i love it alot better than the phazer" i laughed
and said cool. should be good for her.

My sled used to look exactly the same, actually it is exactly the same sled year and all... I didn't like the looks of the silver and graphics after awhile so I bought an sxr hood and made it blue. The stock silver with the pinkish graphics seemed kinda girly to me, works out for your wife though! Nice sled. If it's anywhere near as awsome as mine is you'll both be very happy with it!! I always found the stock sled (when mine was) to haul pretty damn good for a 500 with heavy stuff like electric start and reverse. It's a great ride!

maxout01 said:
My sled used to look exactly the same, actually it is exactly the same sled year and all... I didn't like the looks of the silver and graphics after awhile so I bought an sxr hood and made it blue. The stock silver with the pinkish graphics seemed kinda girly to me, works out for your wife though! Nice sled. If it's anywhere near as awsome as mine is you'll both be very happy with it!! I always found the stock sled (when mine was) to haul pretty damn good for a 500 with heavy stuff like electric start and reverse. It's a great ride!

yup pretty impresive for a 500,,might take my 600 outa the hole... :o|

maxout01 said:
I had the motor bored to 600 and added hartman clutches. It definitely hauls now. Beats any sled on the block.

Really....cool,,yea it's fast enough for the wife plus she's only 110lbs wet.:)

Back